View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #47
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
200 curls are simple? How much weight are you doing?

You can probably do a nice workout that will hit multiple muscles in the time it takes you doing that.
If you're deadset on doing something simple, just do 20 minutes every day cycling through 10 chinups, 20 burpees, 30 Situps, and 40 squats. When you get to the point where you're getting through this 4+ times in 20 minutes it probably means you're due for some more advanced programming.

Also think about switching up your running from constant steady state to soon other times and speed as well.

You might want to consider doing 10 100m sprints with 1:00 rest in between and then do something long and slow for your next run like a slow 5 miler. Then for your next one drop down to 6 200m sprints with 1:30 rest between. Then jump up to 2x 3 mile runs at a faster pace than your 5 mile pace.

Basically alternating between long and short ideally hitting the following distances: 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m, 1 mile, 1.5mile, 2 mile, 5k, 8k, 10k, and 10mile. You will eventually want to add longer stuff as well if you aspire to ever doing any distance running. That being said I don't think it's ever necessary to run longer than 10m just to be fit and running longer distances than that may actually make you LESS fit.

Good luck an keep up the good work. 20 miles in a week is great! Now just think about adding higher intensity.
Glight is online now   Reply With Quote