View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #696
JRMcDaniel

My Ride: Racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
It is possible the Vorshlag Damper is as good as the ATI, but probably not. I can make this statement based on the fact that ATI's sole purpose in life is building the very best Dampers, period. ATI has every possible piece of "State Of The Art" testing equipment at their disposal. The chances of Vorshlag investing millions, if not tens of millions of dollars in this type of testing equipment for a Damper or Dampers they're only going to sell a few of is not likely. So their copy may be good, but probably not on the same level of the ATI Damper.

I would also say that anyone placing a single order with ATI at about $800 would get their Damper in 60 to 90 days. On the other hand, Vorshlag isn't even out of the prototype stage; who's to say their first or even second prototype works properly ? Which means the chance of taking delivery on a Vorshlag finished Damper any sooner than 8 or 9 months from now is not likely. So you could spend $800 now, and be protected for the 2012 track day / occasional autocross season. Or wait to spend $550 to $600 (guessing) on the Vorshlag Damper that won't probably be delivered any sooner than September, meanwhile you just suffered a catastrophic engine failure at the last track day you participated in. The choice is yours.

Good luck.
Well, I'm the Jason at Vorshlag that some of the guys spoke to.

We aren't developing this in-house. We know suspensions. We don't have the knowledge to built a SFI approved engine damper without some help. We are working with a company who makes a LOT of SFI dampers and some OEM dampers to get this to market. Our target price is less than $500 and so far it looks like we are well below that. Our schedule is to have a beta version on the road by the end of March. If that works out we will be offering them through the shop. Since our supplier had made a huge number of other SFI dampers we expect the damping part and the pulley profile to be spot-on. Our concerns are the snout fitment.
JRMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote