View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #11
BMW_Knight

My Ride: STG2 ZHP,E70 X5(DD)
Send a message via ICQ to BMW_Knight Send a message via AIM to BMW_Knight
Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivo328 View Post
Depending on your cars mialeage and whether you've ever replaced it you might consider knocking out your VCG.
Done when I did my besian vanos kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuMafiaV View Post
Awesome man. Welcome to FI. How many miles are on the car?. What type of transmission and differential do you have?. None of this should matter quite yet if you keep it at low boost stage 1. But if your over 100k miles I would recommend new rings on the pistons and a metal had gasket to stay safe. I would also recommend if you have an auto get a 3.64 diff from a Z4 for the heat exchanger. Just run rich and you should be a ok. I would worry more about the drivetrain then the motor anyways if over 100k miles. I would also put in new rear trailing arm bushings and differential mounts.
I have an m rear subframe with 3.62 diff getting ready to go in in the next two weeks. Its a manual.
I was looking at ahead gasket and studs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSum View Post
Congrats on the purchase - the AA kit does come with a new mechanical belt tensioner.

Can't think of any other preperations, maybe add an air filter sock to help keep the dirt / rain off.

Dibs on the intake - just PM me when you are ready to sell.
Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
so excited to see this build shane
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post
Some gauges to keep an eye on the kit. The ati epod gauge holders and boost/ oil temp / afr are always great to have.
I was thinking about that. What brand gauges do you recommend?

Thanks to: www.getbmwparts.com www.aatuning.com www.toyotires.com
Eurowerkz Mid-Atlantic Regional Director
Join the Eurowerkz Facebook Fan Site : Click Here
Need your car coded with Euro Options? (Remote Windows up, Corner delete, DRL off, etc.) PM Me

Last edited by BMW_Knight; 01-25-2012 at 02:01 PM.
BMW_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote