View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
TekNoire7

My Ride: 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
omg thank god you're here lol.

ok, so i was looking at some matches featuring teams like barnet, brentford, charlton athletic, etc.

my friends and i dont really care about watching soccer so much as we would like a real rowdy, drunken crowd that cares way too much about sports. so for example, when you go to a minor league baseball game, noone really cares about the game; it's just a nice day at the ballpark. if you go to a yankees game, people would care more; even if the yankees are playing some real sh1tty team, we'd all still cheer and watch the game. we're looking for the latter. is that the type of experience i would get from these non-premier games? the premier league tickets are insanely expensive; i can't afford them
Yes you would get a similar experience to that in a championship match (one tier below premier league) . However since it is mid season I'm not exactly sure of how the excitement at those games would be but I highly suggest going to a West Ham game. They are a championship team (however they were a premier league team for a long time and recently were relegated). The fans there are quite insane and you should get what your looking for. Also since west ham is a London club it shouldn't be hard going to a match. Also no problem the soccer ***** is here as most people would say. If you want pure atmosphere and pure football where price doesn't matter go to a Manchester united, Liverpool, or a Chelsea match. Out of those three I recommend Liverpool.