View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
TitaniumCranium
/// Limitless

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous View Post
I have a question: do I need to remove the accelerator pedal and left side kick panel to route a high pressure clutch pipe under the carpet? I tried to remove the accel pedal with no success so far (I am pressing the white tab down by the flat screwdriver, but it doesn't want to slide off....)?
You don't need to take off the accelerator pedal. This little tidbit of information should save you quite a bit of time if you can make it work and depending on what you've done so far.

I started off taking all the stuff off to lift the carpet and rolled the carpet to one side, trying to figure out where the clutch line came through. I tried to pull the accelerator pedal out so I could find the hole. After too much time, I decided to go under the car and see if I could feed the line up and snake it into position that way. If figured out this is the easiest if not only way to do it.

After I pushed the clutch line up into position I realized I didn't need to have even taken the carpet up because it just slides up and pokes out a v-notch in the carpet. Although you have probably taken the carpet up by this time you probably didn't have to.

Note - when you go to put the grommet in place for the clutch line, this is a two part grommet. There is an outer and inner grommet. IIRC the inner grommet was already on the clutch line and there is an outter grommet that plugs the hole in the firewall/floorboard that the inner grommet fits up into. Make sure you have this in place before you route the flexible line to the slave cylinder and bleed your clutch!

Hope this helps - good luck.

/// MODS
/// Auto => 6-Spd Manual Conversion | Apex EC-7 | Koni/Ground Control Coilovers | Vorshlag Camber Plates | Meyle HD LCA | PowerFlex bushings | GruppeM rep CAI | Shark Injector | 6000k HID's and Fogs | BMW European MTechII | BMW Performance Shifter | ACS Mirrors and Rear Spoiler ///
TitaniumCranium is online now   Reply With Quote