View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
DenisM3

My Ride: 2005 M3 E46
Question 2012 X3 35i or 2012 Touareg Highline

Hi guys,

I am considering purchasing an SUV and two models are on top of my list, 2012 Touareg and BMW X3 35i.

Here in Canada, price-wise they come very close (V6 Touareg highline, X3 with Premium package) so price is not a decisive factor in this case.

They both have their advantages; Touareg being a larger,heavier vehicle perfect for harsh Canadian winters, while BMW has an impressive performance and solid 4 wheel drive capabilities. X3 grew in size recently and although smaller then T-eg, it provides a decent amount of space inside.

I don't drive off-road so Touareg might be an overkill for me but, on the other hand, its size and weight makes it more safer in winter conditions (at least in my mind). At the same time X3 has impressive performance and probably sufficient size and safety factor for city driving in the winters.

So in other words, X3 would satisfy the majority of my needs and it's more fun to drive, but it seems that T-eg has better value considering that you get more space, better equipped, "real" SUV for the same price.

I was wondering if there are other factors that could help me decide which one to go for. Maybe maintenance cost and overall reliability?

Curious to hear if others experienced similar dilemma ..

Thanks,
Denis

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.