View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #53
CrazyOneToo

My Ride: 1999 328i 4dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoj View Post
Small hose to the SAP check value connected to a solenoid switch that should blow vacuum when the car it turned off. if you can blow vacuum into the small SAP check valve vacuum hose, either the vacuum hose is bad and/or you may have a problem with the solenoid (which is very hard to access as it is under the rear of the intake).

But you also have vacuum hoses that feed that solenoid and a check valve that can have issues.

If you want to fix your car, as it is a 1999 model, almost all of your rubber parts under the hood need to be replaced if original. This includes all your coolant hoses as well.

But in the short term, the most common failure points are the lower intake boot, the lower CCV oil return line, the SAP check valve vacuum lines and the DISA O-ring. If your DISA is original, it needs to be replaced at this point anyway.

Thanks. I have already changed both intake boots and will be having the Oil separator and hoses changed on Monday. I will have my mechanic check the vacuum lines also. The DISA O-ring I am waiting to be shipped to me. Hope the DISA device is in good shape still. Its about $200 for that little thing.

1999 328i E46 with a M52TU - 2002 X5 E53 3.0i with a M54

AutohausAZ.com/

CrazyOneToo is offline   Reply With Quote