View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
flipm3

My Ride: 02 M3, 97 328i
Send a message via AIM to flipm3
Out of those three, the Evolve CF Airbox is easily the highest quality.

When looking for a CF Airbox, the most important part are the trumpets. A lot of those EBay CSL reps or CF Airboxes have altered trumpets that lead to a loss of power. Second, the quality of the CF. I know first hand that the quality of Evolve's CF is near OEM quality, if not better. My Evolve CF Airbox is very thick, strong, perfect weaves, etc. I have seen some reps that are so flimsy and weak. Evolve implemented internal CF bracing to add to the rigidity of the Airbox, similar to the OEM CSL internal bracing. You pay for what you get if that's what you're looking for. Despite having one of my own, I will agree that it's not the most bang for your buck. People buy these CF Airboxes knowing that ahead of time.

What these CF Airboxes do though is raise your potential in making more power out of your motor. When paired with stepped headers, freer flowing exhausts, and cams it will help you increase the potential of power compared to just sticking with OEM or any other intake.

My recommendation. If you are ready to spend the big bucks and go all out, Evolve or OEM CSL are the best out there. If you aren't, then stick with the OEM intake.

2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My Build Thread
Evolve Automotive CF Airbox & AlphaN . Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers & V1 SPipe
flipm3 is offline   Reply With Quote