View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #34
TiAg2247

My Ride: E39 M5 | E55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony3series View Post
Hopefully it stays this quiet in warm weather as well, I guess we'll see soon enough. Don't forget to use the UUC special trans fluid blend! I wonder if there will be any difference in chatter because you have a 330? Different dynamics of that engine might change things? Either way I'm sure it'll be worth it, chatter or not I love this set-up

Stage 3 might be a pain in the butt for a daily driver, but I'm sure you're aware of the benefits/downsides of a 6 puck ceramic. Just don't get stuck in too many traffic jams with it!
Yeah I'll definitely be using that mix for MTF. A fellow member here (BMW_Stu) is using the Stage 3 kit on his 330 with the Chromoly FW and reported some chatter, but nothing too dramatic or annoying; nor any difference in daily driving. I wouldn't mind a heavier clutch, I feel my stock one is too light/mushy. I prefer my cars to be hard driving machines. I wonder if the 6 puck clutches are slightly lighter, therefore lowering the overall weight of the setup and thus transmitting the chatter vs. the Stage 2 clutch. Either way, I'm sure you're right that this will be a great upgrade to the driving characteristic of my car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony3series View Post
I wonder if anyone has ever tried putting a sound deadening material like dynamat on the trans case to help with chatter? It'd have to be able to withstand the high temps the case puts off, but I'm sure there's a product out there up to the task... Hmmmm. If you think about it it should work.
That sounds like a good idea - maybe it'll help with some drone, too. Would Dynamat hold up to the heat experienced in the tunnel?

Imola Red M5 | Imola Red Interior
GT Exhaust, Custom BC Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Dayonta Race, Michelin PSS

Daily: 335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
Cobb STG1+, FMIC, H&R Sport, BMW Perf Style 313

Past:
'04 E55 AMG
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
TiAg2247 is offline   Reply With Quote