did step one, the flush/filter/fill
OK I did the fluid change and changed the filter.
Oil was black, and there was a little bit of shavings in the magnet area. About 5 quarts of fluid came out. I pumped in about 5 1/2 quarts, did the warm up, and undid the filler bolt.. nothing came out, so I added about another quart, and went through the shifting again. and it did start to flow out like the DIY said.
Took it for a test drive and it did not immediately shift into Reverse. Drove it around for about 5 minutes and it shifted into Reverse about 5 times in a row.
My plan is to drive around for a couple days, then drop the pan again and replace the solenoid. The write ups look like you have to drop the valve body a tad to get clearance to get out the solenoid. Hope that works out for me...
I am guessing the oil level was low to start with, but now I have the proper level.
UPDATE: With just the atf fluid change it has worked for 4 days without fail.
Last edited by spugeddy; 02-25-2012 at 07:00 AM.