View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #22
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymrat1965 View Post
I recently purchased a 2004 330CI with steptronic transmission and have a similar noise problem. Sounds like a woob woob noise from the rear of the car. I have the 17" M68 staggered wheels with summer ultra performance Dunlop Direzza DZ101 tires. I can see some minor feathering on the tire edges. I hear the noise above 20 mph with the speed of the oscillating woob woob increasing as speed increases. Above 70+ mph the noise either goes away or is not discernible over road noise. The local BMW dealer did a post prepurchase inspection. I mentioned the noise and after the inspection they told me it was tire noise, not a wheel bearing. They did say the alignment is likely off a bit but suggested not aligning it until I replace the tires. Any insight would be appreciated.
I have same year, model and staggered as you do with summer tires. I never have any noise like you even when my rear is misaligned or my tires nearly worn out.
Watch for INNER portion of your rears to be worn out way before the outside tread.That's the place to keep your eye on. Normal for the breed.

My car can frequently sit in one spot for 1.5 months without being moved. Never have has a flat spot issue even for the first few hundred feet.

Last edited by Stinger9; 03-06-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote