View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #456
M3_POWER

My Ride: is better than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Cancel the order and build it yourself? I'm actually not sure what you're building, but now I come to think about it, most uppers come with some sort of muzzle device anyway I think. It probably has something to do with protecting the threads.

I'm with you though; its a pain in the ass to have to order something that you're going to just take off when you get it. But, I think it's just how we have to do some of this stuff. Like for instance, I wanted to order a new M3 or 911 without wheels/tires, exhaust, and seats. Why? Because I want to put aftermarket rims on it, a race exhaust, and recaros or used GT3 seats. That alone would save me like $15000-20000 off the MSRP, depending on the car. But they won't do it. i guess Larue is basically doing the same thing.
It's a complete rifle from them. I just want to add some "tweaks" for my personal liking. I suppose when you own a company you can do whatever the fawk you want haha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
I'm about 90% decided im going to go with a 10.5 noveske chf upper with switchblock. Then troy folding sights and gotta figure out my stock and lower parts.

Yeah I have a set of red jp springs I'll probably swap in.

I went with the 3-12 bdc in the 158 mount. Going shooting tomorrow..I'll let you know how I like it. The glass is super clear. not a fan of the flip up caps it came with but they are easily replaced.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer
Good to hear the glass is clear and that you also went with the 158 mount. I was stuck between the 104 and 158 and decided with the 158 as well. Let me know if you replace the caps.