View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #181
johnrando

My Ride: '06 330 CIC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrasivataSabine View Post
Bump to revive a useful thread again...

I have a 2000 323Ci that was purchased with 114K miles, (has 119K now), the factory sport suspension, a square set of ASA AR1's 235/45/17, and a custom exhaust. I recently replaced the suspension with an H&R Touring Cup Kit, including strut tower reinforcement plates (BMW Group up front, TMS at the back). The biggest impact was on the handling. I thought my Bimmer was good beforehand, but it is simply incredible now. It is very well cemented in fast, mountainous bends, is less dramatic in its dynamics, just sits in and grips. Responsiveness and communication through your butt and fingertips is also fantastic.

Ride is good, more connected, more controlled on the rebound. Considering the entire process (parts+install) set me back $970, it is a lot to ask, but the benefit is profound.

The car just feels more alive. It wants to be driven. I recommend it!

I bought an H&R Cup Kit with Race springs for my ZHP and I echo these comments. (I'm at 55K miles). The difference is amazing, but the ride is still smooth, especially on the freeway. You feel the small bumps more, but an uninformed passenger probably wouldn't notice it. Plus, it's quite a bit lower on my vert. Highly recommend it.

ZHP, Cold Weather Pkg., Leather, Jet Black/Black/Black Cube, NAV
AA Tune, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf. Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan STEP S/W & TB, TMS Pulleys, H&R Touring Cup Kit
DICE Ipod, Parrot/Connects2 Bluetooth, StealthOne Valentine Module, Hardwired V1
BMW Perf. Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan delete
johnrando is offline   Reply With Quote