View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #14
///BeckeR

My Ride: 03 TiAg 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymar88 View Post
yeah. The stance is perfect and it would be even better on rims, but I can't justify spending 1500 on rims and tires for a car worth maybe 6k? HAHAHA. At least she still drives nice.

You'll enjoy the setup. Our roads here in San Diego are terrible and could be a major contributing factor in the accelerated wear. I'd reccomend replacing the upper strut mounts and adding the strut mount reinforcement plates while you're at it. Cheap effective insurance.

BTW, the sportlines give an uneven rake. I had to pull both top and bottom rear spring pads. A little noise once in a while but the stance is much better than with both pads installed.
Ahaha I know what you mean. Hard to believe these things are going for 6k now, they still feel like they're worth in the 20s!

I was planning on replacing the rear shock mounts and reusing the fronts (I've heard the rears tend to wear).

I did come across a thread yesterday saying its a good idea to pull the spring pads on the rear to reduce the rake. I think I'll remove the bottom pads first, see how I like it and then take the top ones out if I need more low!!

What size spacers do you guys think I could run with my ZHP wheels and the drop?

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
///BeckeR is offline   Reply With Quote