View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #48
Tony3series

My Ride: 2003 325Ci (5-speed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scav'sBMW View Post
OP, Ive needed a new clutch for a while now , gonna order this bad boy in a few days , I'm more interested in how the flywheel is, ive been told it revs quicker but your over all 0-60 is unaffected, just wondering how it feels to you
My butt dyno says it's quicker. Have no idea for sure what it'll do for 0-60 times. I have to imagine that it would be somewhat quicker. It is supposed to free up some power that can be considered lost through the drivetrain. It takes power to spin a heavier flywheel.

Like I said in previous posts I can pass people without having to downshift now. Part of that is because my clutch was slipping to some extent before. Part of it I'm sure has to do with the lighter flywheel. The car feels more peppy, more alive, more willing to go, lighter, more aggressive etc.

Now that it's fully broken in I will say it again. It is as smooth as stock if you handle the clutch properly. I was just driving around today and thinking to myself 'Wow, I barely feel the shifts now when I'm taking it easy'. Probably because I'm used to the set-up and it is broken in now.
2003 BMW 325ci: Sport package, F1 Racing Stage II clutch/lightweight flywheel, AFE intake, Ebay headers,KONI YELLOWS/new mounts, Beisan Vanos seals, angel eyes, CDV delete, Curt trailer hitch, LED tails, lip spoiler, blacked out grill&trim&bumper reflectors. Tons of maintenance items done.
Tony3series is offline   Reply With Quote