View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #156
fios

My Ride: 330ci
Has anyone upgraded to the new iOS 5 software on their Iphone or Ipod? You may want to hold off on buying USA Spec if you run into the problem I have. Last year and I got rid of dice and went with USA spec. Loved the sound quality. Unfortunately, I put car away for Winter and pulled it out to use Iphone, but discovered it wouldn't work since I upgraded Iphone operating software to iOS 5. I get the dreaded "no magazine" message on radio. I called tech support at USA Spec and was disappointed by Joe's response: 1 send back unit for software upgrade for $75. or 2. Switch DP switches to off and let Iphone control head unit. I tried this option and the sound is not the same. I think it's using the aux source. When we switch over the radio, you have to remember to turn down the volume. I understand profit, but this is silly for USA spec to expect a customer to upgrade software on unit each time Apple upgrades their software. Any suggestions? I assume other users have upgraded the operating system. Thanks.
fios is offline   Reply With Quote