View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #39
crristic

My Ride: e46 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninety-9 SE-L View Post
crristic. I imagine you're attempting to tether your iPhone4 to your Dynavin via WiFi. I'm not sure if those 2 parameters are going to change anything, but tethering probably won't work because most Phones use ad-hoc networking rather than infrastructure. The dynavin will only be able to see an infrastructure network.
Iphone 4 uses infrastructure as far as I know, there were a lot of folks mentioning problems with their droids because it uses ad-hoc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
Here are all the settings options. Lots of people have problems connecting to iPhone for their wifi connection. I dont have an iPhone so I cant trouble shoot but you might want to try changing settings from infrastructure to adhoc to see if that makes a difference.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/files/README_STA.txt
thanks for the file, I'll give it a shot these days. I think I've been tinkering too much with the settings - so worst case scenario I will do a rom reinstall.
I never had issues maintaining a good connection between the unit and my iphone 4; sometimes it did not connect instantly, but that was only if I wasn't activating the tethering option before entering the car - not really a deal breaker for me.
crristic is offline   Reply With Quote