View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 02:08 AM   #56
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by slixx1320 View Post
Would I have to remove the front pivot pin first then the rear take down pin and slide the upper forward to remove/seperate the two? And what if I just wanted to tilt the upper for a quick inspection, how would I go about tilting the upper without having the heavy buffer catching onto the bolt carrier?
I've never laid hands on that setup, but my understanding is that you pop out both take-down pins and slide the upper forward while lifting up on the front of the upper. Not terribly difficult, but you do lose the ability to "shotgun" the weapon. Once you have it off, then you reattach the front of the upper and lower, and when you go to close it, you just stick your finger in there to push the buffer back and close. Or just put it back the same way you pulled it apart. Not really all that big of a deal, but obviously not as easy as popping the rear pin and pivoting the upper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slixx1320 View Post

For now, I want to upgrade my A4 stock and find a good range scope. Dont need the $200, $300 or $400 scopes for my useage. What scopes would you recommend for an average shooter who goes out maybe 3-4x's a year and puts maybe 500rds a year down range? Want something that would hold zero after the first couple shots and would be good up to 100-200 yards?? I would really like to stay in the $100 price range for a scope, but if I have to spend upwards of $200 I would too. I don't want to have to go through or experience your "buy once, cry once" terminology..
I would recommend the following scopes below. All are American companies with Japanese glass (which is good), except for Nikon, which is a Japanese company with their own glass. The only one I don't know about is the Bushnell, as their very bottom-end scopes use Chinese glass (which is bad). I believe the Trophy series is where they start to use Japanese glass, but you might want to call to be sure. I do NOT recommend anything with Chinese glass, but anything from the rest of the Pacific Rim is fine (Japan, Philippines, etc). All of these companies have lifetime warranties and are highly reputable. The Burris, Redfield and Nikon are the best bang for the buck. Nikon and Burris being tied for the best out of the three in terms of optical quality and durability. Redfield is owned by Leupold, and the Revenge series is the same exact scope as Leupold's Rifleman series, but for 25% less. Bushnell tends to be very good as well, but only once you get past a certain level of quality.

Bushnell Trophy XLT series

Weaver 40/44 Series $139 and up

Redfield Revenge series

Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40 $147.95

Nikon ProStaff 3-9x40 $169.95

There are other brands out there for less money, such as BSA, NCStar, Barska, Konus, etc. that are absolute ****. And that's me putting it nicely. Also terrible are the blister pack scopes that you buy for $49.99 at any sporting goods store, and this includes junk like Tasco and the low-end Bushnells. These low-end scopes will have poor tracking and inconsistent windage and elevation adjustment, will not hold zero well, and will be dark with very terrible optical quality. Poor light transmission, chromatic abberation, poor resolution, the whole gamut. If you stick with the scopes or series of scope I listed above, you'll get a good quality scope that is reliable and has a good warranty.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 03-21-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote