View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #51
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninety-9 SE-L View Post
Any tethering ideas for Droid users? I have a rooted Evo3D and so far I can get the Dynavin to see the network I am hosting, but I can't authenticate the connection.

Evo, I've been running your Rom for a few days, now. It works very well, better than the stock one. Few things I wanted to mention, just for any updates:
1. The Boot time is indeed significantly longer than your previous rom, probably the additional apps. I'm well out of my neighborhood and on the road before I can even open Poweramp.
2. Tasker_v1.1u2.apk still crashes and corrupts the OS during installation.
3. I've only tried once, so far, but I can't get Titanium backup to communicate with SU for root permissions.
Im not happy with the boot time either and currently working on a new rom that strips out everything down to the bare bones. Its boot time is a lil faster than the stock rom. But the extra speed come at a cost. My R1 rom is a complete full rom with Android Market, Gmail, Google Maps, etc all included in it.

This new one im gonna name it R1SS. Super Speed/Super Stripped.

- no google maps
- no android market
- no gmail
- no contacts
- no calendar
- no voice search
- no extra apps included
- no bootanimation
- v6 supercharger Activated and ready at first boot

I tested that Tasker_v1.1u2.apk verision that you linked to and it gave me the same problem giving out some weird dead code errors non stop. Try a different version or from a different source. Im currently using Tasker 1.2 without any problems.

Titianium backup gives me some trouble too but going to app manager and doing a force close and clear data to reset Titanium backup usually clears that up and working
m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote