03-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington, DC
My Ride: 2005 325i
These are great questions. Also, some of mine from last week remain unanswered. Of particular interest is:
1. All things being equal, how is the sound quality running B146 through OEM (non-HK) speakers as compared to BMW Business CD?
2. Bluetooth phonebook functionality--can a paired device's phonebook be accessed through the GUI on the B146 and the steering wheel controls? Some users seem to have indicated that when placing a call, the number must be dialed using the touchpad in the GUI on the B146 or, alternatively, using the paired phone itself.
It would be really great to see some answers/thoughts from members who have already received and installed theirs.
Originally Posted by robin325ci
1. Does bluetooth streaming continue to function when you switch to NAV for the WinCE version?
2. Do the steering controls work while in NAV? (Track up/down, volume)
3. Is there an ipod resume function (ipod will resume last song played after getting a call or turning the radio off)? Any noises while using ipod mode?
4. Does bluetooth continue to stream music even after selecting reverse? I currently have a rear camera and in my D90, bluetooth streaming resumes as soon as you get out of reverse. I've read the D99 thread and it appears that bluetooth does not resume after using reverse
5. controls - what does pushing the left knob do? what about the right knob? Is there a subwoofer level control?
6. Volume level - is it the same for all the sources? In my Dynavin, the radio tuner is way louder than the rest of the sources. It's really annoying.
On that note, and with respect to policing others' posts: we are all here to learn from and share in the collective wealth of information offered through the forum. One may disagree with or even choose to ignore the comments of another member. But when any member is made to feel that his or her comments are unwelcome, it undermines the forum's role as a repository of knowledge. Every experience, rumination, DIY, or gripe that is relevant to these cars (and associated products) is entitled to expression here--indeed, it should almost be obligatory because some other member could learn something from it.
It's also useful for vendors on the forum to be informed about the wants of their customer base. In this particular case, the folks selling these Enco head units should know that many customers would prefer to use an alternate and arguably more modern and mainstream payment method without paying some kind of penalty. If the lack an alternate method dissuades JUST one perspective buyer, costing them a SINGLE sale, they need to be aware of it. It's good business.