View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #14
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post

btw, aren't you the guy with the huge property? I thought you could just shoot from your porch
Yeah, we have 10 acres, surrounded by 80-600 acre properties. The neighbors don't mind if we shoot here . . . but my wife generally doesn't like me shooting when my son isn't at school - and it's fun finding places out in the desert/woods where we can shoot out in the middle of nowhere. There's also a bunch of BLM (Bureau of Land Management) land nearby where you can do pretty much whatever you want, so finding places to shoot isn't so difficult. But I'm always on the lookout for new places to go. Oh, and I'd love to get the hookup on nearby private landowners who welcome varmint hunters.

The BLM land generally looks like this - you can drive around pretty much wherever you want and shoot or camp or whatever. Lots of great places to 4x4. The national guard trains there, too. There's one 60 square mile parcel about 10 minutes away. Some of the more easily accessable places are kinda trashed though, which is a shame:

Last edited by brew; 03-29-2012 at 11:31 AM.
brew is online now   Reply With Quote