View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
blacksunshine46

My Ride: '03 325i manual
WTB / FT - I Need an Overboosted Steering Rack and/or Luk30- No Joke

I know this sounds crazy, but I need to replace my wonderful linear tight 2003 325i steering rack with a much-hated overboosted rack from 04/99 - 09/01

I recently suffered a permanent injury, and need softer steering or I will have to sell my car - I would rather commit this unthinkable steering sin than drive a different car.

The moreover boosted it the better, I believe 2000 e46s are ideal. part number ending in 438.

I am willing to pay up to $400 depending on how many miles the rack had, and how abused it may have been during its life (honor system I suppose). I'm also willing to pay up to $200 for anyone who would like to help me install it (Northern California). if you sell me the rack, you do not necessarily have to help me install it.

I am also willing to trade my ..xx-065 rack for an over boosted rack. Based on my research, and the general feel of my car, I think I have one of the more sought-after racks that BMW made for the e46. my rack has 64,000 miles on it. according to a realOEM.com I have 32136755065.

there are several sites offering part number 438, but I have heard numerous times that it is very difficult to know what level of steering boost you will get because many sites (and even ZF has been rumored to do this) supposedly just send you any rack from any e46 since most are interchangeable. I am not sure if this is just hearsay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	150.png
Views:	47
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	444385  

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.