View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #78
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
I ran that belt for a long time, and it did a great job. For a $35 belt, it's a good deal. I was happy with it, but once I got a more high-end belt, I realized the shortcomings of that particular belt for training/tactical use.
It's sort of a beginner's belt, and belts like the ARES and HSGI belts are more "advanced" by their design and capability. With a training/carry belt made of nylon, it's a good idea to get one that's stiffer. I also highly recommend getting one with a COBRA buckle, since they're faster. If you ever have to drop trou and you have gear attached to your belt, standard buckles tend to be problematic if you have your gear/pouches further forward on your belt.

You can't go wrong either way though. It's all about your personal preference.
understandable. I'm used to the blackhawk belt doing no more than holding up my pants, and as an expedient way to get down a rope for sh!ts and giggles. Gear was always on a separate vest/rig.

I have noticed that I have to set the tension on a holster lower than I'd normally like to be able to easily draw it without pulling on the belt. I'll have to shop a bit.