View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
My Ride: 2007 335i Coupe
Originally Posted by r2t2 View Post
Well it's not like Dynavin or Enco are big name brands... The things that would concern me would be that this could just be a lateral move and if you want navigation you have to add an additional module. And that's gonna be an issue because from what I've seen in my 330i, there isn't a whole lot of free space under the dash. At one point I was considering this type of unit, but with the screen out your access to the A/C controls looks like it would be obstructed.

Just my two cents...
I have the Dynavin currently installed and entirely unhappy with it. I've been pointing fingers at all my other gear trying to find the source of crappy sound (stinger HPM 3 RCA's, Alpine Processor, Alpine PDX 2nd gen Amps, Boston Pro speakers)...

I tested using a laptop direct into the Alpine processor through the system and immediately, without any tweaking, the sound was full and rich like it should always have been. So I am getting rid of the Dynavin.

My HVAC controls came fitted in the lower dash anyway as I had the double din cassette/tv from factory.

I do want nav, but honestly I'd pay over $1000 for a good touchscreen unit with decent SQ output so long as it doesn't require cutting up my A/C ducts and does not involve a flimsy flip up design.

I have just found that there are several of the cheaper brands re-badging this same unit above: Boss, Power Acoustik, Farenheit, Precision Power, Soundstream... So I'm pretty sure its another gimmick unit with crappy performance.

I know Soundstream and Precision Power were never leading the industry in source units, but they did have a reputable brand name for amplifiers and speakers, so I cannot understand why they would dare put their name on something if it was comparable quality to a Dynavin. That wouldn't be a smart move... so I'm deterred and intrigued at the same time
Scotty_89 is offline   Reply With Quote