Just completed this on my '02 330i, big thanks to the DIY. Figured I'd throw in my two cents.
-Really wish the pan bolts weren't T-25. Stripped 7 of them, yes I was extra careful and even used 3 different torx tips. Maybe liquid wrench would have helped some, but I say this is the wrong type of bolt for this application. This alone made the DIY a major pain.
--I replaced the damaged ones with flat head 10mm hex heads, worked great. Kind of wish I replaced all of them with these.
-Gasket and pan installation; I found using small zip-ties to hold the gasket to the pan actually made it one of the easiest parts of the ordeal. I put 4 on, one in each corner. Keeps everything in line while you get some bolts in, then snip the ties and you're good.