View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #168
Ivanhoe

My Ride: BMW 330 xi 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terran6 View Post
Hello, i have a 2003 325i with a GM transmission. I have read almost all of the posts here. Everything helped me to decide and go ahead and do this myself at last. I have already ordered ATF, maybe 2 years ago. Now my car is at 79 000 miles, I guess perfect time for flush. The tranny has been slipping and shifting different, specially when it's cold. I got the fluid from calling bavauto techs and just asked for ATF. They send me febi bilstein, on the back of it says: application recommendation: DEXRON 6. What do you guys think about it. Would you recommend it or I should sell it and get redline D4?
Hi, I did the same as you did, read all the post and finally I went to the autoparts bought a new oil disposal bucket and then went to the dealer and show them the copy of the sticker in my pan and bought from them the OEM oil. I also order the replacement kit in Pelican Parts. ( gasket, bolts, etc )

Long story short, the first dealer did not want to sell me the oil so I went to other and as you know, it is complicated extract all the old oil and I did not want to mix diferent oils, Hope it helps