View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
BMW completes its final DTM M3 test before the DTM season opener in Hockenheim

BMW Goes DTM Racing with E92 M3

With three weeks to go until the first race of the 2012 DTM season, BMW Motorsport has officially completed its test program. From Monday to Thursday the three teams and their six drivers were hard at work at the Hockenheimring (DE), traditionally the venue of the opening round, which this year will get underway on 29th April 2012. This will be BMW's first DTM race since 11th October 1992.

Over the last few days, all the BMW DTM drivers were in action. On Monday and Tuesday Martin Tomczyk (DE), Dirk Werner (DE) and Augusto Farfus (BR) took to the 4.574-kilometre track. Their respective team-mates, Joey Hand (US), Bruno Spengler (CA) and Andy Priaulx (GB), continued the test program on Wednesday and Thursday.

On the morning of the third day Spengler had an accident. While the circuit was drying out he hit the wet kerb on the exit of the final corner, spun and clipped the wall with the rear of the car. Following repair work to the rear, he was able to re-join the action.

The BMW M3 DTM was given its roll-out at BMW's own test site in Aschheim (DE) on 4th July 2011. A good nine months later, the newly developed car is ready for its first race in Hockenheim.

Jens Marquardt - BMW Motorsport Director:
"The four-day test in Hockenheim saw us complete an important part of our intense preparations ahead of our DTM comeback. Since last summer, our teams have spent a lot of time on the track with the BMW M3 DTM, in order to gradually bring the car up to the level required to be competitive in the DTM. We are happy with the result and have achieved all the goals we set ourselves. However, we are well aware that our experienced DTM rivals have also been working hard. That is why I am excited about discovering the balance of power when we return to Hockenheim in three weeks' time. Our goal remains to be competitive as quickly as possible. It is impossible to predict the degree to which this will be the case in the first race. The PR day on Monday gave fans and journalists the first opportunity to experience the new generation of DTM cars live - and the feedback was very positive. As such, I am confident that we will enjoy a unique atmosphere at the season-opener. Nobody in our team can wait for the moment on 29th April when the red starting light finally goes out and we can get to grips with our first DTM race for almost 20 years."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-DTM-E92-M3-2012-Season_5.jpg
Views:	1080
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	446101   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-DTM-E92-M3-2012-Season_1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	446102   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-DTM-E92-M3-2012-Season_3.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	446103   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-DTM-E92-M3-2012-Season_4.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	446104  

Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-DTM-E92-M3-2012-Season_2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	446105  
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.