View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #20

My Ride: 2006 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
The HPF mounts are dead sexy good looking. I could almost buy on that note.
I dont want a pure track car. I have already made so many concessions/compromises in mounts and vibration. My solid diff mounts ought to be something to listen to. Would you like some cheese and crackers with that whine?

Bimmerworld mounts do say something about poly motor mounts being bad around heat. So poly mounts are out I guess.

Right now, I am thinking a rosy new set of OEM's or Bimmerworld mounts.

I just have a hard time reasoning going all out to a solid motor mount with out trying some other alternatives FIRST.

Switch conversation to transmission mounts:
I cant in good faith pull a component because someone, one time had a problem with them. Not that I dont believe you. But I am going to let the UUC tranny mounts ride until proven guilty. AFAIK, it consists of OEM type bushing in a limiting cup. I will just have to keep an eye on them.

This is them. I like the concept. I will honestly report any failures with out embarrassment. My luck with components not failing is better thasn most, so I dont hesitate to take leaps of faith on gut feelings. This approach has served me well over the years. We'll see.
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_pr...anny/about.htm

I may end up with solid motor mounts and hard poly tranny mounts yet. Just not right away.

How many HPF owners just stick with OEM mounts? I doubt every single person changes them out.
although i have no expertise in cars in general, i think sticking with oem is the best choice. i'd rather change oem mounts, bushing, etc more often than deal with excessive noise and vibration. some would say solid mounts and urethane bushings are better because they last longer. longer for what? (many users here who have or will have modified cars barely put any miles on them..) 1/4 mile? ahahah

oh well.. good luck

Last edited by 68; 04-13-2012 at 09:36 AM.
68 is offline   Reply With Quote