View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #482
KamPow3r

My Ride: ....
I was one of the first people to purchase the Dynavin unit when it was released sold by Jeff and thank you!

Question about the NEW Dynavin compared to the V5 Dynavin which I bought about a 1 1/2 years ago...is it worth changing the units?

Also, I don't know if this is a software or hardware issue with the V5, but I've been having lots of issues when connecting iPhones and iPods...here are some examples which have happened to me:

- Turn the car on, connect the iPhone or iPod, starts working fine, but 12-15 seconds later connection is lost. (tried reconnecting and does the same thing, tried turning off unit and turning it back on repeats the same problem)
- Turn the car on, connect the iPhone or iPod and it does not even connect.
- Turn the car on, connect the iPhone or iPod, disconnect from the cable and unit goes crazy switching form different functions (USB, Radio, etc..) on its own.
- Navigation connection comes and goes as it pleases...I end up having to use my phone for GPS/Navigation.

The unit has been very inconsistent for me and hasn't returned the investment of $700-$800 spent. I do like and want to keep the unit as it matches the OEM look, but honestly it has been very frustrating when trying to enjoy music while driving.

Your help and input will be much appreciated if you could all please provide feedback.

Thanks in advance!

KP

Last edited by KamPow3r; 04-14-2012 at 05:32 PM.
KamPow3r is offline   Reply With Quote