View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #37
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
Are you talking about the mounts in the link in the post above yours?
http://store.bimmerworld.com/bimmerw...unts-p930.aspx

They are not solid.
yes they are solid rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxZHP04 View Post
No, they are solid rubber - not fluid filled like the stock mounts. IIRC, they are also made of a higher durometer rubber than the stock mounts but I can't find confirmation of this right at the moment.
you are right,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
My techs recommended AKG black for sub frame. We went solid on the diff which may be a mistake. Some how we missed the poly diff mounts. are they fairly new. How do you insert the mounts. Arent the EOM ones in the diff sealed in the rear plate? The only replacepable mount is the forward one. Maybe the rear diff plate gets machined?

Back to RTABS: I was recommended AKG RED as strong enough for Stage3. But who knows? I always liked the sleeve concept but was told "no", install the "reds". Dont take my techs word for everything. See if there are other opinions.

I have good old Power Flex FCABS. But AKG recently has gotten better press over all for their poly mounts. Safe to say go AKG for FCABS. Red is probably just fine.

I would love to hear more about the differential and adding poly. I remember coming up with no options a year ago when i looked.

we pretty well have beat the motor mounts to death. Might as well talk about other mounts. Its good to have them all work together. I know I was told not to mix solid and other types of mounts on the diff.
solid diff to subframe bushings will increase the strain on the subframe to chassis mount points and bushings so it's good you've welded in the reinforcement kit.

Last edited by JohnBlaze; 04-16-2012 at 02:10 PM.
JohnBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote