View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
G-Hots

My Ride: ///M3 & 328ci & X3
Send a message via AIM to G-Hots Send a message via MSN to G-Hots
Exclamation Wiring Issues. I need help! (PICS)

Guys, I need your help!

I recently bought a 2004 M3 w/SMG. It doesn't start/run. All the wiring has been tempered with under the hood.(See pics)
  • I need to know if the wiring harness is different between the SMG and 6MT models.
  • What kind of wiring harness/connectors would I need to swap this bad harness out?
  • Judging from the pics, Do I need to swap all the relays/module box out as well?
  • DSC is missing. All the pipes are there but none of the electrical connectors or mounting brackets are there. Do I need a specific model DSC module for this car? If so the VIN# is: WBSBL93414PN55855 , is there a way to find out online or do I have to call the dealer with the VIN?
  • After I find a wiring harness and a DSC module, do I have to get them programmed or setup at the dealership?
  • Would there be a difference in the software etc after I swap the wiring harness?
  • SMG Shifter will not move out of its position, looks like it is in Neutral. Would it start moving after the car starts? Sorry don't have any experience with SMG transmissions.
UPDATE ON POST 12
Any info would absolutely help. Please help me out, I need all the information I could get at this moment.
Would love to see this beast running again. It only has 23k miles on it.
I need all you gurus to help.

more pics coming..

Last edited by G-Hots; 04-18-2012 at 09:04 AM.
G-Hots is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.