View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotVANOS? View Post
new brakes, control arm bushings, front CV axels, power steering pump, rack and pinion boots. I really wasnt deturred though because Im a car guy and I really wanted my first car to be a project. Its April now and after a little over $500 and a TON of elbow grease Ive finially got the car in working order.

The only mod Ive done to it is resonator delete esterday. Besides that Ive ordered some ebay xi headers.

My mod list
-Edinbach shocks and lowering springs
-Eu3 Catless DME tune (The car is registered in florida and I live in Virgina soo i dont have to worry about emissions inspections!!! )
-Intake manifold?
-Fuel injectors?
Congrats on a fabulous new car! I would love to have an E46 touring manual to make into one hell of a sleeper, although I'd opt for the RWD one.

Anyway, couple things. You did all of that work for ~$500??? Where did you buy the parts at? If you bought the right parts and did the work yourself then kudos to you, you got the deal of the century on this car.

How's the rest of it? Cooling system? Driveline fluids replaced?

Now to make it a sleeper, don't bother with flashy rims or body kits. Just get a set of OEM 17s and put some good rubber on it. Get a set of Koni shocks/struts and some Eibach springs for a modest drop and a good ride/handling. To cap it off, don't bother with a DME tune, intake, whatever other garbage. Slap a supercharger on that thing and call it good. Most of the kits around will come with new injectors and a tune.

Before you add any power though, make sure the rest of the car is in order and able to handle it. This includes the clutch, axles, brakes, drivetrain components, cooling system, electrical system, intake track, etc.

If you do install a supercharger, try and make up a DIY. It would be much appreciated by those on here!
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote