Cool idea, I think, eliminate stat housing and waterpump, S54, race only
I am going to run a Stewart electric water pump and have an idea on saving weight and reducing turbulence in the flow (at least in those areas, not much I can do about the block and head)
S54, race use only (might possibly be able to do an S50/52 version as well)
1) Remove water pump and stat housing, heater lines that plug into the water pump housing as well.
2) Make a aluminum flat plate to bolt on where the water pump mounted.
3) TIG weld a 90 degree same size diameter as stock hose fittings tube to the plate.
4) Port the opening for the smoothest flow.
5) Source the right hoses needed for the remote mounted waterpump to feed the radiator, etc....
6) Work out the details of one less pulley to drive.
Results, a decent amount of weight removed, less drag, less restriction, cost would be very reasonable for those already running or planning on running an electric pump.
I could have some made for those interested in it.
If somebody wants to jump on this idea and make it happen right away, be my guest but let me know so I can spend my never enough time on other things we are considering.
A) 50 amp mini alt
B) Race air box
C) many little things that are just a thought for now