View Single Post
Old 03-19-2004, 06:51 PM   #1
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks
UUC Motorwerks, *******

My Ride: 7s, M5s, M3s, others
Touring Car race **SPOILER**

Auberlen Does It Again With Win At Sebring
SEBRING, FL - 03/19/2004 - Repeating his performance from last year, Bill Auberlen won today's Touring Car race from Sebring from the pole position. Teammates Justin Marks and Dino Crescentini filled out the team's stellar performance with fifth-place and ninth-place finishes. The race airs this Sunday at noon on The Speed Channel.

Bill Auberlen's pole-winning time yesterday set a new lap record for the SPEED Touring Car Championship at Sebring - eclipsing last year's time by over 3 seconds. Bill had a great start to his race today until an uncultivated incident in the first corner pushed him back in the field.

Bill Auberlen, #1 Turner Motorsport/H&R Springs BMW 325i: "My start was great. And then I got into the first corner and an unrestrained BMW driver left me without any track to drive on. The car got loose and a few drivers snuck by me and now I was thinking 'How am I going to make this up' and then the yellow came out. I got a jump on Pierre Kleinubing for the lead and after that I kept it floored the rest of the way to the checkered flag. A finish like this is the best way to start off a season."

Justin Marks also had an exciting race as he battled with drivers Jeff Altenburg and Shauna Marinus. He eventually finished the race in fifth - up three spots from his qualifying position. Marks says that this was one of the most exciting races of his career.

Justin Marks, #2 Turner Motorsport/H&R Springs BMW 325i: "The adrenaline was pumping the whole time. The racing was so tight this afternoon but it was all clean - no dirty tricks, no banging doors. I couldn't have had such a great race were it not for the Turner Motorsport team. I had a great drive and I'm pumped up for another round!"

Dino Crescentini of Centric Parts was the highest-finishing rookie in today's race. Dino is a major contender for Rookie-of-the-Year and he showed his strength this afternoon. He started the race from fifteenth and finished in ninth - repeatedly setting his own fastest race lap along the way.

Dino Crescentini, #3 Turner Motorsport/H&R Springs BMW 325i: "As this was my first race I didn't really know what to expect. The racing was fierce all the time - without any slowing of the action. I had a great time and can't wait to get back in the car for Lime Rock in May."

Bill Auberlen: "This team brought me a Championship last year and we're looking even stronger this year with H&R Springs, OZ Wheels, Red Line Oil, Piloti Driving Shoes, Sunoco Race Fuels, StopTech Brakes, Centric Parts, Meguiar's, and Hot Tomatoes all on board. It should be a very exciting season."

This was the first round of the SPEED World Challenge Touring Car Championship. It will air this Sunday, March 21st at 12pm on The Speed Channel. Re-broadcasts will follow (check local listings). The next race will be Memorial Day weekend, May 28-31st at Lime Rock Park in Connecticut. For more information on the Touring Car series, visit www.world-challenge.com. Turner Motorsport will be entering two cars in the Grand Am Cup race held at Homestead Raceway in southern Florida on March 26-27. Keep checking www.tmsracing.com for up-to-date information.

Click on http://www.world-challenge.com/2004/...c-results.html to see this session's results.
See http://www.tmsracing.com for more Turner Motorsport Racing Action!

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

ALL CURRENT UUC SPECIALS:
-[ CLICK HERE ]
Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.