View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
ESTATE

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330
Tanks E Rak

Thanks E Rak for the info, I am curious now because I see there is basically 3 options down here, the M3 which is rare and too expensive, the motorsport and the Top (10% cheaper)... I attached 2 pics from the Top 330 (black) and 2 from the Motorsport (sylver) as they call it here...
Could you tell me if the version called Motorsport (not m3) has significant more power or performance than the other (Top) or they are real close?

I rather buy a one owner car and the one I found is the simpler model, is that really inferior?

Thanks again!

of the TYop and 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by E RaK View Post
1. I actually rather like the way the transmission reacts to throttle inputs. You won't see any downgrades here in comparison to other automatics. The thing to look out for on the RWD cars is the common reverse drum failure on ZF transmission.

2. On RWD vehicles the DSC can be partially disabled with one push of the "DSC" button and completely defeated with a long push

3. Other typical E46 issues to watch out for are rear subframe failure, cooling system (water pump, ET, etc.), and window regulators. Check for a full service history with the previous owner and have the car inspected before you buy so you know what you might be in for.

4. The 330i you are looking at is not an "M-sport" model. Those typically have different bumpers and style 135 wheels. The ZHP is the 330i with performance cams, making a little extra power. An M3 uses an engine with an entirely different block from the lesser models and puts out significantly more hp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	p1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	449567   Click image for larger version

Name:	top2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	449568   Click image for larger version

Name:	motorportt1.jpg
Views:	58