View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #40
sambo_eddo

My Ride: 2003 BMW 325XI Wagon
I'm not actually 16. That was sarcasm. For anybody wanting to do the same wheel setup in the future. 10" wide wheels with et25 will not fit in the front. They fit with the stock struts and stock height. With aftermarket coilovers, the backside wheel bead contacts the spring itself and would need to be spaced out about another inch. On top of that being an absolutely stupid amount of wheel poke, I also have never nor will ever use wheel spacers especially on the front of a vehicle. Because of this I was not able to use the tennis ball green wheels. I will be going with a set of wheels that are identical spoke pattern, but 10" wide in the rear 8.5" in the front with et25 all the way around and they are completely satin bronze in color. After mocking up the new front wheels to make sure they wouldn't contact the spring I think I am actually happier with the more narrow wheel up front. The KW v1's did end up lowering the car way more then I thought it would. Below is a picture of the car at it's full possible drop. I do not plan on driving it like this but I was curious as to how low these coilovers would actually lay this car out. The ride quality was actually not too bad either; stiff of course but it didn't constantly bounce, nothing rubbed and the car was as quiet driving as it was on stock suspension. The install was relatively easy for my first time into a BMW's suspension. The most time consuming part was removal of all the rear interior pieces. The new tires will be in mid next week. Currently the car is also getting a new alternator and belts (for those "maintenance focused" people who keep popping up). I'm sure I will have to do cooling system overhaul if I keep the car very long. I typically keep vehicles for about 4-6 months before something else comes through the dealership to play with. So all of those who hate me right now, you will probably be able to purchase the car at some point and get back in touch with the "ho chasing outside of Denny's" side of you. *wink*

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

ps: I'm sure I can pin point several of you guys who will assume the civic in the back ground is mine. It is actually my brother's but for the sake of keeping up the good times in here we'll say it is mine and it is madvtec jdm yo. It has several swaps all on top of one another and is like a 6 second car.......plus it's teal.

Last edited by sambo_eddo; 05-03-2012 at 11:08 PM.
sambo_eddo is offline   Reply With Quote