View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #88
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
the western world, and specifically America, is the symbol of all that is evil and wrong in the world. If you're a fundamentalist extremist and think you can get away with a major attack on that symbol in order to reinforce your way of thinking and put yourself into a major position of power in your circle, why not?

this wasn't the first attack on a world trade center, or the first time al qaeda had attacked U.S. interests.

I remember reading something about Gary Condit engineering the entire attack to draw the media away from him during the Levy murder investigation. That one really cracked me up.
But really, what do they gain? What does ANY extremist gain by that? You just poke the world's deadliest hornet's nest, and those hornets will pursue you to the ends of the earth. So unless you have a spaceship...

BTW, the reason I'm posting here is because your government has a history of setting up stuff like this. Once you start reading up on Operation Northwoods and stuff like that, it's hard NOT to suspect that something else was going on there on 9/11.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote