I just finished this retrofit in my 2004 BMW 330i ZHP sedan. I can confirm the following:
- You do indeed only need 3 parts for cars with ribbon connectors: both mirrors, and the switch.
- You need to have the car coded to enable the mirrors.
- The Intravee is unable to do the initial coding to enable the mirrors to fold.
- The dealer is unable to code the car to have the mirrors work. This is because there is no "retrofit" available to add this option to the car. The dealer's tools, (GT1 and ISTA) are unable to make the changes.
- To enable the mirrors to work, you need to:
1. Change the Vehicle Order (VO) of the car to include option 313
2. Code the General Module
- This can only be done with special software that can change the VO. I used an Autologic to do this. Autologic is the software program that many BMW independent repair shops will use. The other tool is something called NCS Expert, which was a BMW factory tool that dealerís did not have access to. I have not tested enabling the mirrors with NCS Expert, but it is capable of changing the VO, so it should be possible as well.