View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #42
radarcontact

My Ride: 2006 330CiC/ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmaDrew View Post
Awesome system and equipment! That orange gel cover looks like it made the MS8 display match quite well and I might do it to mine once I put it into my next Bimmer!

How does your Image Dynamics sound in that enclosure in the trunk? I have the IDQ10, but mine was ported since I had the space in my old truck. Now that I'm looking to get a car again, I am not sure if I want to use all of that space...
Well thank you, very much. Kind words!

The orange gel was an idea of mine but reverse engineered by a friend on another forum...he figured out how to actually do it. I can provide you with the link whenever you are ready. Pm me.

I think my sub sounds fantastic. It blends perfectly! I designed the enclosure for a Q of .8, so it's tight and low, not loose and resonant. And when I made it, I paid a lot of attention to solidifying and "sureing-up" the larger flat spots to prevent unwanted box resonances. My only regret is that I didn't work some kind of grill into the design...I wanted to do it afterwards, but there was no clean way to do it at that point. I just have to be a little careful not to jab it with things, on the are occasion that I load up the trunk.
In my sig there are links to the sub build and some other projects I've done.

Cheers!
radarcontact is offline   Reply With Quote