View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #15
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
What kind of oil pump failure did you experience specifically? Sheared shaft? OPN? Do you track your car? Miles? Oil change intervals? I don't remember you posting about this so maybe help the community out with some info.

Also yes, I'd like to see pictures of piles of parts. I like that kind of stuff. Would be nice to see the failed part, specifically.
To be honest I have been waiting until I pull the "bad" engine to drop the pan and see what exactly is wrong with the oil pump.

I have never tracked the car. I only drove it about 9 months and was unaware of the oil pump issue. Had I researched it, believe it wouldn't have happened.

I spent about 200 miles of trying my hardest to keep up with an m3, and my guess is the nut came off the oil pump. I don't blame the car, just myself.

The cars at about 130k, 60k on the new engine. I changed my oil and filter every 3,000 miles. I made 2 threads regarding this just before winter.

Will post pictures this week sometime. You won't know what failed until I know, hopefully this coming weekend....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote