View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #53
threetwentyfizzle

My Ride: '00 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
You can visually tell the OEM bolts and supplied bolts are totally different in size The ONLY issues one can really have is mounting the clutch facing the wrong direction. The instructions don't specify which way it goes. I'd post the info but don't remember anymore. A quick search on Bimmerforums yielded some helpful results.
Yea, epic fail on my part. I originally purchased new oem flywheel and pressure plate bolts and the 2 bearings as I figured they were better quality than what was supplied in the F1 kit. I didn't notice the difference in thickness of the flywheels and was in a rush to assemble my car back together and put the new clutch in and just put the OEM flywheel bolts on not noticing how long they were to the new flywheel, and you can connect the dots from there.

So now I'm in the process of pulling my motor so I can replace the damn crankshaft. Luckily I was able to get a crankshaft for my 2.5 motor from a scrapped motor for free so now I just need to make sure clearances and tolerances are ok for this crankshaft otherwise I'm gonna be looking at a whole motor swap. One little oversight can really screw everything up.
threetwentyfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote