View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #54
Tony3series

My Ride: 2003 325Ci (5-speed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by threetwentyfizzle View Post
Yea, epic fail on my part. I originally purchased new oem flywheel and pressure plate bolts and the 2 bearings as I figured they were better quality than what was supplied in the F1 kit. I didn't notice the difference in thickness of the flywheels and was in a rush to assemble my car back together and put the new clutch in and just put the OEM flywheel bolts on not noticing how long they were to the new flywheel, and you can connect the dots from there.

So now I'm in the process of pulling my motor so I can replace the damn crankshaft. Luckily I was able to get a crankshaft for my 2.5 motor from a scrapped motor for free so now I just need to make sure clearances and tolerances are ok for this crankshaft otherwise I'm gonna be looking at a whole motor swap. One little oversight can really screw everything up.
That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck swapping everything over
2003 BMW 325ci: Sport package, F1 Racing Stage II clutch/lightweight flywheel, AFE intake, Ebay headers,KONI YELLOWS/new mounts, Beisan Vanos seals, angel eyes, CDV delete, Curt trailer hitch, LED tails, lip spoiler, blacked out grill&trim&bumper reflectors. Tons of maintenance items done.
Tony3series is offline   Reply With Quote