View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
Locutus09

My Ride: Something Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbillies4 View Post
Gimme a shout if you want a go pro!

It was hard to tell too much for driving technique in the first video, but the one thing I would suggest working on was the first slalom you went through. Focus on getting on the back side of each cone closely so you can accelerate through the end of the slalom and have a much higher exit speed. Giving up a little before the first cone will add a significant amount of speed at the end. It looked like you were driving up to each cone and having to turn around it, and when you do that on the last cone it kills your time. It's called "getting behind" in a slalom.

If you do it correctly, you should usually be able to hammer the gas at the third to last cone. Here's a video from our first points event this year with a 6 cone slalom done pretty well:

P.S. Get your a$$ down to Cincy for an event! Don't make me come find you!
Thanks for the comments, look at my second video I posted above, it's some GoPro Hero2 action (as well as a better slalom in the reverse course)

I did much better in results, ended up with 16/71 PAX and 1/9th in the index class.

I want to go to the Wilmington event in September, but I'll be in school and the car will be put away...although I just need to find someone that will let me co-drive their car

I'll try my best, I'm going to be running with OVR July 7th and 8th for sure...come join. I don't know if I'll ever get down the Cinci, although I need to.