View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
Dz1087

My Ride: 2003 325Ci
Low Reference Voltage on Exhaust CPS Harness

All,

I just purchased my first BMW a week and a half ago. Although I'm very excited about driving it, the SES came on with P0369 as the code. I had it cleared, then the next day it threw P0369 and P0344 and was stalling from stop signs and lights like others have described WRT CPS problems. Well, I replaced the exhaust CPS first, thinkig it may have tripped the intake. The day after I replaced the exhaust side, the 0344 code came up again. I had it cleared yet again, and now the 0369 code is back.

Anyway, I just finished watching the Bently YouTube of checking the CPS. I went out to check my harness first, as in the video, and my reference voltage, which should be 5.00 per the video was only 2.53.

Now, I had a probe touching the ground part of the plug, and the center and it gave me 2.53. Touching the supply voltage side, I got 12.34 == bat. So, unless I am missing something, it appears that the voltage running to the sensor itself is off.

I am hoping some of you fanatics have a few words of wisdom on this problem.

I'd also like to go ahead and thank everyone for the content on this site, it has been really helpful so far with my purchase.
Dz1087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.