View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #60
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked Out View Post
Well, the info is very strange. In some cases you just copy and paste BMW recommendations and in some points were of your own recommendation . Shouldnt it be one or the other and not a mix of both?
Everything is hand-written. At no point did I copy-paste anything. I took the time to research every single part of this and reflected it as best I could--the transmission specs took me an hour alone to dig up and verify.

Quote:
For example, an overfill for a total of 8 quarts, thats simply your own recommendation. I for one will never recommend that to anyone , especially to a new BMW owner, even if they track the car etc. I dont know much info on that but I've never heard of anyone doing that and I dont plan trying it myself . Our engines run well on 7 quarts and I see no reason to add more then that, as long as you keep it at 7 quarts (doesnt apply to Xi as Xi takes 8 quarts anyway). Overfilling by that much oil can cause more damage then you'd think ...
Where did I recommend that? With all due respect, please stop putting words in my mouth. It's not a recommendation, just information to those it would apply to. If you've never heard of adding an extra quart, you really haven't been around BMW circles. Go read M3F or Bf.c, adding an extra quart is EXTREMELY common knowledge. Surprised you've never heard of this. I think anybody with a brain will read the tidbit where I explain it's useful if you track your car or experience lifter tick during spirited situations. And no, adding an extra quart will not cause damage. Vorshlag runs an extra 1.5 quart in their track/race vehicle.

Quote:
I dont like the info about engine oils,change intervals or oil types but I dont want to say a word because I dont want a freaking oil war

Spark plug change interval is WAY to short, BMWs recommended 100k miles is actually considered short for our modern spark plugs. Some people dont understand that modern plug dont lose their "performance" over time, they dont wear out like old school plugs. They either work or they dont, simple . BMW recommended spark plugs can easily last 100k miles and then some, I've seen original plugs last for over 180k miles ...
BMW also recommends lifetime fluid on major drivetrain components. And your point is? I think I listed 80,000 miles. Definitely not "too short."

Quote:
Again you use your own recommendations for manual trans oil . If you use Redline , doesnt mean that you shouldnt forget other oils. I personally say that Redline belongs in your diff and trans should see nothing but Royal Purple Synchromax , but thats just me. I really think you should add more choices to that as well
Again, where did I recommend Redline? I listed the specified OE/OEM fluids in supreme detail then I simply listed what I use. Is that so wrong? Further, Royal Purple is trash. If you want, I can link the recent documents proving its trash along with horror threads from M3F. Look at the recent Royal Purple thread and see the info I linked.

I've never steered anybody wrong and never experienced a check engine light. I think my information is solid.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote