View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 05:08 PM   #7
SpaceAge808

My Ride: 2000 328i
Send a message via AIM to SpaceAge808
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1242
Typically, the average box/subwoofers/amp, etc add about the same weight as having an extra person in the car. How does your mpg change when you have someone else in the car?

An easy way to find out if your system weight is causing the problems is to just take the subwoofer box out for a day or two and drive around. See how things improve.
Thats a good idea. i will try removing them just to see the exact affect. However, I have driven around with 2 people before and the worst my mileage will go is 15. 12.6-13 is a lot less than what I usually expect with people in my car. Maybe I have super subs or something.

Could it be something else other than speaker weight? I will definately look into that. If it is only the weight, then I am not concerned too much. It's a sacrafice. But my drop seems to be excessive, and I can notice considerably my decrease in performance.

I am worried that it is something more serious. That if i dont address it soon, it could be detrimental to my vehicles longevity. If someone can think of something else it could be, please go ahead and throw it out. All suggestions will be appreciated.
SpaceAge808 is offline   Reply With Quote