View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #411
secono330ci

My Ride: 04' 330ci & 99' 540i
Hey everyone, back from the dead. Got some new parts for the 330 that you guys gotta see. My main objective is to knock out the entire cooling system (both engine and oil systems) and make it somewhat bulletproof.

Unfortunately I haven't driven her in the longest time...she's been on jacks ever since a brake caliper seized a couple months back. At the same time I've been dealing with financial issues, so I'm getting set back quite a lot right now on this project. Not giving up tho, I have some AWESOME plans in the works (these mods are all prep items for the future). Trusty ol' steed will get there...eventually lol.

I also bought a "new" 99' 540i as a daily, so I'm not missing the 330 too too much jk jk. Honestly tho, this thing is awesome. V8 power, clean as fcuk with only 85k on the clock (as well as a new engine that was replaced under warranty; tech accidentally dropped a bolt into the intake manifold and fired it up...lol), plus was owned by an old lady all its life. On top of that, she insisted on giving me a portfolio of useful info! This, encyclopedia I should say, has every service record that was done to the car since it was new. Great success!

I'll start off with the 540i Notice the old school auto tranny; I'm happy with it too! Makes it an awesome cruiser.

____________________________________________________________ _____

Now for the 330.... Prepping the engine for my build. And no, it wont have any sort of supercharger/turbo on it.

Aluminum Radiator, a direct bolt on according to HPF. Btw, awesome guys to do business with.

New custom sized AFE Pro5R. I like the idea of the Dryflow AEM I had, but you just can't beat the noise/throttle response of an oiled filter. Plus this has more surface area due to the inverted cone.

Thought it would be nice to add a pre-filter.

Since one of the brake calipers is seized, I bought a repair kit for all 4 calipers as preventative maintenance. I figured fcuk it, while I'm in there I'll change the lines as well. V2 SS Teflon brake lines from Bimmerworld.

Technik's old school oil cooler kit. Had to kill a guy with a trident for this.

Kind of assembled...

The oil lines for the cooler feed through the stock intake scoop. I had taken this off after the Dinan CAI...mainly because I'm not fond of its original shape. So......I decided to reshape it. Yes it will be painted nicely to hide the scratches

Testing it with the lines passing through...

Samco Hoses for the non-m cooling system!!

Look! even a red Samco coupler for the intake

Last edited by secono330ci; 06-01-2012 at 09:48 AM.
secono330ci is offline   Reply With Quote