View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #13
radarcontact

My Ride: 2006 330CiC/ZHP
Finally got the mid-woofers in close enough to the back side of the grill, in order to allow the door panel to be re-installed. Man, this was tight! I had to cut, Drexel, and melt away a lot of plastic, but it fits awesome now.

Keep in mind that I am not one who cares much for good, clean installs in the places where no one else will ever see. The back of this door is a completeness, and it's ugly. I don't care, because it doesn't matter to me.

Here is the speaker buried balls-deep in that door panel (siliconed between grill and front of speaker frame):

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1338749394.002031.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	454608

Since it fit, I went ahead and secured it. I put thick plastic carpet protector pads on the back side of the frame. Then I was able to use fender washers on two sides; they hold it down with good pressure. For the remaining, previously damaged side, I bent and cut an angle bracket to apply the downward force that it needed.

Then I loaded up every available tree space around it with black silicone. Great for keeping that speaker in place, shock-absorbtion, de-coupling...great for sound deadening. Win-win.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1338749695.678656.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	454610

More to come...

Last edited by radarcontact; 06-03-2012 at 03:19 PM.
radarcontact is offline   Reply With Quote