View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #13
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
I do know about the slowness of USMC OCS. I also do know a thing about PLC and OCC (having done them both). He doesn't have time for PLC-12 or even 13. The selection criterion has gone up a lot (a first class PFT doesn't cut it, you gotta be at or as close to 300 as possible, with excellent grades and no waivers). Its not a crash course in OCS, it is OCS.

The Army needs officers, the Corps doesn't. Half of my buddies from OCS back in 2009 didn't get selected by career designation boards and will be leaving active duty before even pick up Captain. Nobody who I went to OCS with this past summer (2011) will be going to TBS until 2013 at the earliest.
Alright. I'll take your word for it. I have 3 friends in PLC right now, and 5 or 6 that just commissioned from ROTC(all decided Navy instead of usmc), and I hadn't heard that anyone was having a bunch of trouble getting into PLC at the time. You have the experience, I don't, so go with what skeeter said

You know Skeeter, to your friends from 2011, they need to hit up XO's from some company/battalion to see if they can squeeze in some pencil pushing work for the time being. I know a few who have done this because they aren't going to Pensacola until October and want some work.

Last edited by B_Cyrus; 06-05-2012 at 01:54 PM.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote