View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #64
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
So I've read through the thread a few times now and everyone has made very insightful remarks. There is too much to comment on individually, but I will say that I've definitely gone off and googled many routes and have done a lot of reading. With that said, I figure I will lay out a few more circumstances and what I'll be facing / looking at in the next year of my life.

I'll graduate with a bachelors in Psych. I'll owe my school roughly 32-38k in loans that will BEGIN to be collected 6 months after I graduate. So, with that, I am looking to begin signing up, talking to recruiters, taking officer qualifying exams as soon as possible because whatever route I end up going, I want to be shipping out by this time next year. (summer shortly after I graduate) This is because I'm not interested in finding a civilian job to try to start paying the loans back. (I can be honest when I say I'm very interested in military loan repayment assistance. It is just an added bonus that what I want to do as a career wants to help me pay for school.

I'm not much closer to making a final decision just yet, and this is because there are many factors going into it. Questions like: Will I be able to leave during the next summer? Will I even be accepted into a program? (Officer programs) Will it be a job that I would want to do for x amount of years? (Taking people's advice here on not to just settle on whatever is out there)

I actually just got an email from a Navy recruiter I introduced myself to last week, he wants me to go take a stab at the Navy ASTB test. We'll see about that. Thanks very much guys for the replies, I'm going to reread the thread over again and again.
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote